Information on the 27th biannual European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology EBCOG 2020
We are all living through exceptional times and for some of us experiencing medical situations and organizational response we never imagined or were trained for.
EBCOG is closely monitoring the developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). EBCOG’s priority remains the health and safety of all participants including faculty, industry partners, staff, and others involved with the 2020 congress in Bergen, Norway.
We are continuing a careful assessment of the potential impacts of this pandemic and are fully aware of the restrictions posed by travel ban, mass gathering due to health-related concerns. Norwegian government is yet to decide if we can hold the congress in May, and we await further instruction from the Norwegian Government with regards to the decision to convene or postpone the congress to a future date and/or venue.
Please be advised based on the current information available the congress is scheduled on 14-16th of May but we will keep you all informed as soon as possible if this should change.
We, healthcare providers, are going to live through times we have not imagined yet.
Welcome to EBCOG congress Bergen 2020!
Obstetricians and Gynaecologists from all over the world have this opportunity to:
- meet up at the lovely city of Bergen in Norway during 14th-16th of May
- during this 27th biannual event interact with over 1000 European colleagues: consultants, midwifes, trainees and students
- attend 3 whole days of learning and friendly OBGYN interactions:
- lecture sessions where delegates may present their work and share research alongside renowned speakers in all the major subspecialties and special interest areas of obstetrics and gynaecology
- interactive sessions: participate in hands-on training, multidisciplinary discussions, meet the experts, video case presentations and live surgery transmission
- trainees may attend pre-congress ENTOG-European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynecology Norwegian Hospital Exchange and separate congress ENTOG sessions
- greet the new Fellows of EBCOG, having passed the European Exam
- within sessions: visit the industry stalls from high-class pharmaceutical/technical companies and continue the discussion with your fellow congress participants what constitutes
Up-to-date European OBGYN medicine!
Following the congress: attend the exceptional celebration on the 17th of May, the Norwegian Constitutional Day or a cruise in the fjords.
We sincerely hope to see you in Bergen.
EBCOG Congress President
EBCOG 2020 Congress President
Head of Scientific Committee
0354 Oslo, Norway
Abstract submission: 10th of January
Early bird rate until: 30th of January 2020.