Information on the 27th biannual European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology EBCOG 2020
Further to our notification on our EBCOG website, we had hoped that it would still be possible for us to have our Bergen Congress in May as planned.
Today we have learned that the Norwegian Government has upheld the decision to forbid all public gatherings until at least June 15.
This, together with the international travelling ban and quarantine rules, give us no alternative but to postpone the congress scheduled for May 14-16. If you have already registered for the Congress our Congress Organisers will be in touch with you on an individual basis.
We are now considering how best to rearrange the postponed congress for 2021, possibly in southern Europe. We sincerely hope that you will join us at the congress, which we plan will be identical in structure as the planned Bergen Congress.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this postponement may cause.
Please stay healthy and please check http://www.ebcog.org regularly for news about EBCOG 2021!
Welcome to EBCOG congress Bergen 2020!
Obstetricians and Gynaecologists from all over the world have this opportunity to:
- meet up at the lovely city of Bergen in Norway during 14th-16th of May
- during this 27th biannual event interact with over 1000 European colleagues: consultants, midwifes, trainees and students
- attend 3 whole days of learning and friendly OBGYN interactions:
- lecture sessions where delegates may present their work and share research alongside renowned speakers in all the major subspecialties and special interest areas of obstetrics and gynaecology
- interactive sessions: participate in hands-on training, multidisciplinary discussions, meet the experts, video case presentations and live surgery transmission
- trainees may attend pre-congress ENTOG-European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynecology Norwegian Hospital Exchange and separate congress ENTOG sessions
- greet the new Fellows of EBCOG, having passed the European Exam
- within sessions: visit the industry stalls from high-class pharmaceutical/technical companies and continue the discussion with your fellow congress participants what constitutes
Up-to-date European OBGYN medicine!
Following the congress: attend the exceptional celebration on the 17th of May, the Norwegian Constitutional Day or a cruise in the fjords.
We sincerely hope to see you in Bergen.
EBCOG Congress President
EBCOG 2020 Congress President
Head of Scientific Committee
0354 Oslo, Norway
Abstract submission: 10th of January
Early bird rate until: 30th of January 2020.